In order to complete the online application (available Jan. 9-13, 2023), the following documents will need to be uploaded or included with the application:
Passing score report for the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) Click here for TSI sample questions -according to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, the following are TSI minimum score requirements:
- ELAR Combination Reading/Writing Test: Essay score 5-8 with CRC 945-990 OR Essay score 5-8 with CRC 910-944 AND NRS Level 5-6
- Math: CRC 950-990 OR 910-949 AND NRS Level 6
A copy of your most recent report card, not progress report
- GPA minimum 3.0 for all high school credit courses taken in middle school; if no high school courses have been taken in middle school the student must have earned an A or B for each semester of each core class completed, including the fall semester of 8th grade.
A signed letter from middle school counselor (Click here for a blank letter) stating your GPA as of January 8, 2021, for any high school classes taken at the middle school level
A copy of the most current state testing score report (available from your counselor or Texas Assessment Student Portal)
A typed essay, written by the student over one of the following topics
- What was the environment in which you were raised? Describe your family, home, neighborhood, or community, and explain how it has shaped you as a person.
- Most students have an identity, an interest, or a talent that defines them in an essential way. Tell us about yourself.
- You've got a ticket in your hand - Where will you go? What will you do? What will happen when you get there?
Artifacts showing applicant's participation in any of the Apply Texas categories: Extracurricular activities, Community/Volunteer activities; Talents/Awards/Honors
Email addresses of two references (Math, Science, Social Studies, ELAR, or advanced academics teachers) from those that have known the student in an educational setting in the last two calendar years. Committee will send email to each reference.